You Complete Me: Wondering Wednesday 03

Hello!

I think it would only be appropriate to begin with an update on TVOTP, since there was so much drama which happened on the last episode. In case you guys didn't catch it over the weekend, we're down to the last few blind auditions for the season. Plus, we revealed a SUPER BIG TWIST to the game. I know we said that there will only be 12 members in each- but instead, the coaches get 13 members for their respective teams! How crazy is that? :)

Now the big question is: How are The Battles going to play out?

Before anything though, let me try to explain to you guys how the whole show works. I've been an avid follower of The Voice franchise for quite some time now, especially with the success of the US' 4th season - so I guess you can say I'm pretty aware of the concept.

OKAY. Ganito yun. The Voice actually first started out in Holland (named "The Voice of Holland") and is owned and produced by a company called TALPA. Ang TALPA ang may legal rights to franchise the show sa iba't-ibang part ng mundo. Like any other singing competition, of course, the Voice is out there to discover talents in the field of music and singing. But UNLIKE any other singing competition, The Voice is unbiased pag dating sa level of the artists they choose. Dito, it doesn't matter kung 15 years ka nang nasa industry, or baguhan ka lang na kumakanta sa kwarto. The playing field is totally evened-out because initially, artists will be chosen for their voice and unique style. Auditioning for The Voice is no joke. Wala kang makikita na sumali lang kahit na totally talent-less just to get their "15 seconds of fame." The coaches that the show chooses also are some of the best in the industry who have an ear and a heart for untapped talent. So you can only expect a show that is absolutely brimming with talent and class. -with people who share the same passion for music.

As some of you might have noticed, marami-rami na ring mga bansa have taken interest in franchising their own versions of "The Voice" such as Australia, India, Vietnam, The UK and the most popular one yet, The US. Simple lang ang format ng the Voice. Tandaan natin na TVOTP is following THE FIRST SEASON FORMAT - that is, the first season of the ORIGINAL franchise, which is the Voice of Holland. Therefore, may three "levels" lang ang season na ito. (ergo, no Knockouts, no Steals, no Fast-Passes, and no Wild-Cards)

The first, of course is The Blinds, na currently sinusubaybayan ng lahat. Each coach will select their team of 12 (or in our case today, 13) based on the quality of their initial performance. I don't need to explain this further, since after all, ito ang pinaka unique part ng show na alam ng lahat.

The next stage is the Battles. Dito medyo nagbabago ang basehan ng pag-judge. Dahil hindi na lang boses lang ang labanan but being able to totally capture an audience and the coach with a complete performance. Each team will have to face each other off in pairs and at the end of the performance - one goes home while the other moves on to the final stage- THE LIVE SHOWS.

"Pero paano na ngayon yan, na 13 na per team and not 12?" - you might ask. My hints are already  all up there- it's just a matter of doing the math and watching the show to see if your guess is right. ;) hehe.

OKAY! Moving on. Here are my answers for your Wondering Wednesday questions this week:

FROM THE BLOG:

Anonymous asked:
Kamusta Battle Preps po? Excited na po ba kayo?

Sobrang excited na kinakabahan. Haha matindi ang labanan talaga. Minsan nakaka-drain na rin kasi sunod-sunod talaga taping and preparations. Kaya sabi namin ng fellow contestants ko, dapat baguhin na yung tagline. "Boses ang puhunan, Resistensya ang labanan!" haha! :)

The Debsters asked:
Where should you never take a first date?

Honestly, hindi ko alam hahaha! I've never been the type to give dating advice. And I think it depends on the person naman rin. If you're asking about my preference, I'm really not sure. I'd like to think I'm an adventurous person who likes just about anything. :)) Once there was this guy who "took me out" pero sa kabilang dulo ng campus lang - which I didn't mind, because honestly I've never been to that end of the campus. I'm so babaw when it comes to dates, I swear I don't even know that I'm actually in one. HAHA.

Anonymous asked:
Best watched movie so far?

Hirap nito! Uh, Despicable Me 2? :)) I recently watched this movie called "Movie 43" - it was crazy stupid, (and I'm telling you, it's super stupid) but I kept laughing 'til my jaw fell off. HAHA! If you're going for all-time, best watched film though, you'd be surprised, since I have a lot: One of them is this horror spanish film called [REC] - where the movie "Quarantine" was based from. Sa drama naman, I super love this Korean Film called "A Moment To Remember" :) (My taste in films are very broad, as you can probably tell :p)

You know what movie I'm actually looking forward to? ENDER'S GAME - look it up.

Anonymous asked:
Do you have a boyfriend right now? If none, how many ex-boyfriends?

No boyfriend right now, but I do have a suitor. Haha! Technically - I don't really "have" an ex-boyfriend, since the relationships I've been in, we were never really "boyfriend-girlfriend". But the "official count" is one.

FROM TWITTER:

@DebstersGLOBAL asked:
How long has your longest phone call ever been?

Too long to recall. Alam mo yung nag-one hour limit ka na, so the call drops - pero tatawag ka na lang ulit? Haha yon.

Ainne (@theAYEN0193) asked:
Do we become happy only when we meet the one we love?

WOW NAMAN SI ATE GIRL!! SERIOUS! May pinanghuhugutan ba yan? Haha but for you bebe, my answer to your question:

It doesn't have to be that way. There are ways we can be truly happy without "meeting the one we love" just yet. I do believe singleness is a gift. You're only by yourself for just about a quarter of your life anyway. (okay, don't panic kung over a quarter ka na haha may pahabol ako)

If you aren't truly happy with just being yourself right now, what makes us think we'll be happy with someone else later on? I honestly think that our search for "the one" comes from our deep desire to feel validated and to be treated as someone valuable. But here's the truth - you don't need someone in order for you to know that. Your special someone isn't supposed to make you complete- because you ALREADY ARE COMPLETE. You are valuable and precious - as you always have been told from the very beginning. Kaya sometimes I wonder, when did we start thinking that we needed to be with someone to feel like we're worth something in this world? (Only to get disappointed in the end, because it just goes that way when you put two flawed people together...)

Someone finds you valuable and that someone is your Maker. The One who knows you inside and out. When you learn to find yourself - see yourself the way He sees you, that's when I believe you will realize that you CAN experience joy and happiness, even way before you meet your special someone.

-----------------
Thank you so much for all your questions for Wondering Wednesday! :) Oh, btw - if you guys haven't seen the posts. I will be taking a break from all my social media accounts muna so you might not hear from me until the weekend. :) For any immediate concerns though you guys are free to contact me via email:

d.victa@eventhorizonprod.com

On a side note: WOW. Can you actually believe that half the year has gone by? So fast, no? And so many things can happen talaga in 6 months! :) I'm really so thankful that they've been so fruitful so far this year. :)

Alright, that's it! See you guys next week!

Comments

  1. How do you spend your free time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reply! I saw the trailer of Ender's Game in imdb. It's cool! :) I haven't watched [REC] though but yes with Quarantine. Movie 43 haha yeah that's hilarious! I laughed so hard with hugh jackman x kate winslet and halle berry skits! The girl in A Moment to Remember is super pretty, kinda looks like you actually.

    Anyway thanks again for answering our questions. I had fun, wish I could watch movies with you but nah that won't happen. :)

    Good luck Deb!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment