Lost At Sea

It’s easy to believe you’re in the center of God’s will when everything is going well for you. It’s a trap we all fall for: thinking that you have it all figured out when things are right in the world. But it’s not so easy to trust Him when the storms come in. Faith is a funny thing. It ushers you to keep dreaming, hoping that the best is yet to come, even when that best is nowhere in sight.

I often fail to remember that my God who calms my storms with only a word is the same God who summons them in the same breath. I also fail to remember that He’s there with me in the boat the whole time. (Matthew 8:23-27) In fact, He even lives inside me. My God is all around and He is in perfect control. Why am I so worried then?

We’re all probably going through our own storms at the moment. Some have bigger ones than others. The storm in my heart struggles to accept things the way they currently are. Have you ever felt like your heart was lost at sea? Stuck in the middle of nowhere, constantly looking back to measure how far off from the shore you are, but still hoping you catch a glimpse of your destination some time soon? And like a child, constantly asking- "are we there yet?". It's taking a while; you grow impatient. Can't this thing go any faster?


Newsflash: when you’re the captain of your soul, you end up sinking the ship. Let Him steer.

Comments